single-sourcing from Single Source

Subject: single-sourcing from Single Source
From: Rene Gedaly <rgedaly -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:06:08 -0600

I'm an experienced freelance tech writer who recently started doing business
as Single Source Documents. My clients understand that information
development works differently depending on whether I'm creating a reference
manual, a brochure, or a context-sensitive help system for them. These
small- to medium-sized companies do business with me because I research
their business until I know which tool works best for the job. When they
decide they're ready to communicate in another medium, I'm ready, too.

So? Is this really any different from the usual approach? It shouldn't be,
but I have done business with huge corporations who have moved to online
help by simply porting their manuals to softcopy. Haven't you?

Rene Gedaly rgedaly -at- msn -dot- com
Single Source Documents
P.O. Box 130639
The Woodlands, TX 77393