Testing of Online Help Links

Subject: Testing of Online Help Links
From: Robyn Faulkner <rfaulkne -at- BTC -dot- ADAPTEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:48:47 -0700

I'm interested to hear what processes other companies use to test the
context-sensitive links in online helps systems. The last help I created
(in RoboHELP 4.0) had about 600 links to the application. This was the
largest application and help file developed at our company to date and
thus we do not have any processes in place to test the links. Another
problem is that while everyone agrees the help and the links need to be
tested, no one is taking on this responsibility. The testing groups
don't have the bandwidth to add this piece to their testing pile and
they tell me there is no way to automate this testing. Do others have
similar experiences? How do you handle it?

I've read through all of my online documentation reference material and
cannot find anything about testing.

Ideas and suggestions are encouraged and welcomed.

Regards,

Robyn Faulkner