Re: TW and grad school -Reply

Subject: Re: TW and grad school -Reply
From: David Hailey <FAHAILEY -at- WPO -dot- HASS -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:32:37 -0700

I must confess that I agree with Mike on this. I think single sourcing is a
very bad idea. It althogether ignores the needs of the reader to make things
cheaper for the developer. At least for myself, I have always approached
online documentation and hard-copy documentation with different mind sets and
for different reasons.

I think the jury is still be out on this one. And at least for now, I will
continue teaching that online and traditional documentation address different
audiences for different reasons.

Dave Hailey