Need Word 97 Help

Subject: Need Word 97 Help
From: Jan Stanley <jstanley -at- ROADSHOW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:05:59 -0500

**Disclaimer: I don't have Web access right now, so can't search the
archives.**

O Wise Ones,

I'm having mysterious printer connection problems that occasionally cause
Word 97 to stop responding when I select File>Print. Despite having the
Save AutoRecover option set to every 10 minutes (no other save options
selected), I've lost text a few times. I'm in one of those horrible
deadline situations where losing text is even more painful than usual. The
powers that be are trying to figure out the printer connection problem, but
in the meantime, I figure what I can do is save the doc every time before
printing.

I'm trying to train myself to save every time, but, being human and
fallible, sometimes forget. I'm wondering if there's a way to make Word 97
save the open doc for me--say, every time the Print dialog opens?

I can create a macro that saves and prints the entire doc when I click a
toolbar button or press a shortcut key combination, but that means that (1)
I can't print a selection or a range of pages, and (2) I have to use the
button or key combination, rather than my usual File>Print, which kind of
defeats the purpose--if I could remember to do that every time, I could
remember to Ctrl+S every time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Please reply to me directly, as I'm on digest.
mailto:jstanley -at- roadshow -dot- com

Many thanks,

Jan

Jan Stanley