Grammar Issues

Subject: Grammar Issues
From: Jeffrey Luke <jml -at- PT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:53:46 -0400

Grammar essentially is just a tool to aid the reader in better
understanding our language.

If I have a grammar question concerning one of the sentences I'm writing,
chances are the reader will have those same questions.

The easiest way around such issues is to re-write the sentece so the
problem is no longer there. I think in the end this will better service our
readers.

Grammar should be invisible to the reader. And especially in Technical
Writing, all they're concerned about is meaning. Grammar issues should not
impede meaning.

Rewrite when in doubt.