Editing Issues & what-nots

Subject: Editing Issues & what-nots
From: Julie Tholen <julie_tholen -at- CNT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:00:20 -0600

Dear TECHWR-Lers,

I find myself face-to-face with one of my own shortcomings and I
would like some advice on how to overcome it.
I seem to be unable to edit my own work. I know that this is not
an uncommon occurrence, but I really need to address this issue as it is
bordering on embarrassing. I'm wondering if any other writers who have
found themselves in this predicament would be so kind as to share their
remedies/methodologies?

With regards to implementing the Levels of Edit process, what
sort of timeframe should I plan for?

When/if you engage in peer review, how have you approached it?
What if the writer assigned to review your work isn't comfortable with
doing peer reviews?

Has anyone been involved with the publication of a set of a
product-family documentation (different products that share similar
GUIs, commands, messages, etc.)? We are thinking with combining
documentation and I'm wondering if anyone has words of advice, caution
or encouragement.

Does anyone know anything about XMTL? Or can you send me a
resource?

Please respond to me directly, if you like, regarding all or any
of these questions.

Thanks so much for your input!
Julie T.
juliet -at- technologist -dot- com