Another Word puzzler

Subject: Another Word puzzler
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:42:16 -0500

First, thanks to all of you who helped with the word master document
problem the programmer in my office was encountering. Now, another
programmer has come up with something. Here it is in his own words:

"Often when I open a document, Word prompts me "Do you want to revert
to the saved {document name}?" Yes/No. What is the meaning of this
prompt and what is the proper response? I've been answering Yes to
this prompt, but don't know what it means. Does it have to do with a
different file structure between Word 6.0 and Word 97?"

I haven't had this particular message appear on any file I've worked
on and I can't find anything about it in Word's on-line help, or any
other documentation we have lying around (nobody here has a 'real'
Word manual). I once received something similar when opening a
document for which I had saved multiple versions, but this doesn't
seem to be the same thing. Has anyone else come across this message or
have any idea what it means?

TIA,

Dianne Walsh
Documentation Manager