Re: Need Feedback

Subject: Re: Need Feedback
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:15:44 +1100

There's a difference between a facelift and a change of direction; which
do you want? (You can, of course, have both.) I would prefer to ask more
focused questions, like:

- What do you use the intranet for?

- What do you think it could be used for?

- What centrally-produced information resources do you use regularly?
Would you like them available on the intranet? Why / why not?

- Of the resources available on the intranet, which ones do you use
often, and why? Which ones do you not use often, and why?

Also, don't forget the performance issue. If your internal phone
directory has a color photo of the employee alongside every name, access
might be too slow -- doesn't mean that the directory idea is a failure,
but that the implementation could be improved. The "why / why not"
questions can often help elicit this kind of information.

--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia