Windows Interface Terminology

Subject: Windows Interface Terminology
From: Gail Gurman <gail -at- HOMEMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:46:17 +0000

As part of the Win95 interface, there are some dialog boxes that
have what I call "pages"; that is, multiple screens of information,
generally used for setting properties, accessed by tabs.

As I said, I've been calling these things pages in documentation,
but the new contract tech writer prefers "screens." I tried finding
references in other docs (e.g., the FrameMaker manual) but couldn't
find anything (Frame doesn't call them anything, as far as I can
see.) So I said I'd write to this list and see what you all think.

So, what's the verdict? Page? Screen? Something else?


Gail Gurman | Email -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- gail -at- homemail -dot- com
Technical Writer | Personal Web Page.....
Wink Communications | Company Web Page......

Previous by Author: Searching for a font
Next by Author: FrameMaker filter from Omni Systems
Previous by Thread: Re: Need font information
Next by Thread: Re: Windows Interface Terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads