Re: Windows Interface Terminology

Subject: Re: Windows Interface Terminology
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:53:08 -0600

According to the Microsoft Manual of Style, you are correct to call them
"tabbed pages" -- they definitely are NOT screens....that's an old DOS
term, anyway, and refers to the entire window area of the monitor (back
in the days before MS Windows). You can find it in the Microsoft Manual
of Style on page 54.

I sometimes refer to them as the "tabbed dialog pages" -- hmmm.

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,
AnswerSoft, Inc. Richardson, TX
(972) 997-8355