Re: Windows Interface Terminology

Subject: Re: Windows Interface Terminology
From: Walter Hanig <wdh -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:53:11 -0800

Courtesy of the Microsoft Style Guide...

Property sheet refers either to a secondary window that displays the properties of an object after carrying out the Properties command or to a collection of tabs or property pages that make up a dialog box.
In general, do not use the terms property sheet and property page in end-user material; use tab or dialog box instead. If your product uses property sheets, see your project style sheet for specific usage of the term.


At 10:46 PM 2/19/98 +0000, Gail Gurman wrote:
>As part of the Win95 interface, there are some dialog boxes that
>have what I call "pages"; that is, multiple screens of information,
>generally used for setting properties, accessed by tabs.
>So, what's the verdict? Page? Screen? Something else?

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: wdh -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
Blood Type: O+

Previous by Author: Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.
Next by Author: Re: Word Autonumbering
Previous by Thread: Re: Windows Interface Terminology
Next by Thread: Re: Windows Interface Terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads