Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.

Subject: Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.
From: Nea Dods <neadods -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:59:08 -0500

My suggestions for a department library:

The Synonym Finder (more synonyms than Rogets, and it includes phrases)

Webster's New World Collegiate Dictionary (it has more modern terms than I've
found in Amer. Heritage.)

Microsoft Manual of Style

Sun's "Read Me First."

Which style guide is best depends on your company, but Chicago is the biggest
standard. Buy Kate Turabian's book if you can't afford Chicago; it has all the
same information, and is easier to carry around!

Nea Dodson
neadods -at- aol -dot- com
"Science, demystified, is just another nonfiction subject."
-- W. Zinsser