Re: Employment Interview

Subject: Re: Employment Interview
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:49:23 -0500

Or Karen could not know what she's doing right, and so she
couldn't tell the interviewer, "I haven't had conflict because..."
My best response from engineers and other technical people has
resulted from my being able to explain what *I* was doing, and why, in a
clear way. Coupling the ability to articulate the documentation process
(data collection, doc specs, writing, and editing)
with a demonstrable effort to understand the language of the
engineers/technicians has been the key to gaining the cooperation of SMEs
for me.
Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)