Re: Question about Programmers and Usability

Subject: Re: Question about Programmers and Usability
From: "Alessandro Bottoni (ALBO)" <albo -at- CADLAB -dot- IT>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:03:44 +0100

Sella Rush wrote:

"But I wonder if their
seeming obtuseness is simply because we tend to talk to them late in the
process. By the time we're trying to document the app, they're long
past the design phase and are deep in the code zone"

Do you normally succeed in getting information about the product that is
under development in you company? Are you in the position to express your
criticism at an early stage, when it is still possible to make some change?
Do your programmers have the habit to write down a real project of the next
release and submit it to TWs and Support engineers for an early check of its
usability?

Alessandro Bottoni
Technical Writer
Cad.Lab SPA