Re: javascript/html ideas/examples sought

Subject: Re: javascript/html ideas/examples sought
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:27:51 -0500

Funny you should mention this...

The most we've done in this regard is create an expanding TOC (a la
Explorer). I can't help you with moving items from one to the other. I
assume you've searched the web for code examples? There are quite a few
JavaScript sites. I'll keep an eye out and see if I see anything
similar.

Here's what I'd like help with: We've created the expanding TOC so you
can look at the TOCs for each book in a library. What I'd like to do now
is offer full-text search through the library or a particular book. I
know it can be done, but most of the web sol'ns I've seen are rather
clunky and either involve a separate dialog box or involve manually
entering every HTML file to be searched (not an option). I just want a
simple text field and a search button in an HTML frame. This has to be
client-side because a web server won't necessarily be
installed/available. I can't assume web access, either. Anyone done this
before?

Thanks,
A.
--