Re: Robohelp vs. Doc-to-Help

Subject: Re: Robohelp vs. Doc-to-Help
From: Linda Miller <linda_k_miller -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:38:58 PST

A few years ago I evaluated several help tools, incl. Doc-to-help and
Robohelp. I selected Robohelp because I found it easier to use. I
originally was leaning toward Doc-to-help because I wanted an easy
transfer betw. help and printed docs, but our department had specific
formatting requirements which I found difficult to implement in the
Doc-to-help output.
I can't speak for the current version of Doc-to-help, so maybe it's
become easier to use. I do have the latest Robohelp and it still is very
convenient to use. I've created help files from scratch in it and
converted them to both printed manuals and HTML files very quickly.
As far as learning curve, if you know the basics of Windows Help, you
should be able to pick up Robohelp quickly. The problem may be in
learning Microsoft Word which is not like Framemaker.

Good luck,
Linda K. Miller