Re: Is there research for spelling out numbers in documentation?

Subject: Re: Is there research for spelling out numbers in documentation?
From: Dick Gaskill <dickg -at- AG3D -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:10:29 -0800

Robyn,

If a set of instructions is written as a numbered list
1.
2.
3.
etc., and I am referring to one to the steps in the list, I use the
number and do not spell it out.

With an instruction, I'd suggest using both, as appropriate. For
example, use 2MB not twoMB, and 4-bit not four-bit, even though you
might spell out the numbers two and four when using them in a sentence.

hth
-dg