MS Word DOS to Mac?

Subject: MS Word DOS to Mac?
From: Marilyn O'Leary <moleary -at- LSUVM -dot- SNCC -dot- LSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 08:39:54 -0600

Karen: MacLink works fairly well. The worst problem is with versions 6
and 7. They don't convert at all. I have had to go down the hall to
someone with version 7 on their IBM, then bring it back and get it through
MacLink. You might solve the whole thing by upgrading your version of
Word. BTW, Microsoft has been doing some really inconsiderate things like
this lately based on the idea that forcing the end user to buy the upgrade
or the newer version gives them more facilities. Unfortunately, some of us
don't want to lose that much memory to an upgrade, and in some cases, don't
want to buy new equipment to accommodate the newer version. That is quite
shortsighted and shows that they are targeting only large corporations
rather than the smaller business person. I wonder whether there might be
some group effort we could make to help this giant think about our needs
too. But that is probably wishful thinking. Have a good day, Marilyn

Marilyn Barrett O'Leary
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA
moleary -at- lsuvm -dot- sncc -dot- lsu -dot- edu