Re: Documentation seminar -Reply

Subject: Re: Documentation seminar -Reply
From: Connie Winch <CEW -at- MACOLA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:11:42 -0500

STC has sponsored this research on this topic. Ginny Redish and Judith
Ramey conducted it, and they published their results in a May 1994
report to STC called "Measuring the value added by technical
communicators". It has chapter titles like

Measuring how professional technical communicators add value
A good user's guide means fewer support calls and lower support costs
How the process and organization can help or hinder adding value

I searched STC's web site for information on ordering this report, and I
didn't find it...which of course doesn't mean they don't have it...but
if they don't you might try contacting Ms. Redish or Ms. Ramey directly.

Hope this helps.

-Connie Winch
Technical Writer
Macola, Inc.