Re: Personnel and Quality of Printed Manuals

Subject: Re: Personnel and Quality of Printed Manuals
From: Connie Winch <CEW -at- MACOLA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 14:16:13 -0500

The following comments are not meant as a personal attack on anyone.
Just coming to Anon.'s defense if I may...

(To those whose comments I'm quoting and responding to, I hope that I
haven't misunderstood you. If I have, please clarify your meaning
on-list. Thanks.)

<snip>
> It seems, based on your description, that everyone is wrong, everyone
> =
> doesn't understand, and that only you are the carrier of the "Document
> =
> Holy Grail". You need to understand that you are simply doing a job
> FOR =
> the company, and that the company isn't there to bend to your every =
> wish.
<snip>

My response:
Delivering quality to the customer is hardly a personal wish - it ought
to be the mission of every business. And whether that's the stated
mission or not, if it doesn't happen, customers leave and/or generate
negative word-of-mouth. Hardly a problem that a business can get away
with for very long.