Word Style Bugs Digest

Subject: Word Style Bugs Digest
From: "Phelan, Mike" <Mike -dot- Phelan -at- MEDAPHIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:09:18 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about Word styles
changing by themselves.

Nancy MacDonald and Gen Whitt suggested checking the Style for Following
Paragraph setting in the Modify Style box under Format Style.

Jane Bergen and Gen Whitt suggested the problem could be having the
template set to automatically update styles, reasoning that different
templates might not share the same styles.

These were good ideas. The problem, apparently, was a corrupt Normal
template. Our IS people suggested replacing the Normal template file,
which I did, and it seems to work fine now. We have updated anti-virus
software to the hilt, and I don't know how this file got corrupted.

Mike Phelan
Senior Technical Writer
Per-Sé Technologies
San Jose, California