Acrobat 2.1 vs 3.0

Subject: Acrobat 2.1 vs 3.0
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:51:35 -0600

Good morning, all.

A co-worker is having problems with his bitmap images when creating PDFs
with Acrobat version 3.01. I advised him to try version 3.0, since I'm
using it without a problem, and since someone on this list said there
were known problems with 3.01. However, my co-worker doesn't have 3.0 --
only 2.1 and 3.01.

My question is this: What are the big differences between 2.1 and 3.0?
I've looked through the archives and found that 3.0 creates smaller file
sizes, and 2.1 takes longer to print. But it seems to me there was some
other, significant reason why 3.0 was much better. Anyone got a minute
to enlighten me?

TIA,
Cindy
cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com