Corel Photo-Paint Question

Subject: Corel Photo-Paint Question
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:13:16 -0600

I've been using Corel Photo-Paint version 6.0 to touch up some scanned
black and white photos. This is a quick and dirty job, so all I'm doing
is adjusting the brightness and contrast. The problem is that no matter
how I adjust the brightness and contrast, as soon as I save the file and
close it, those settings revert back and I'm stuck with the original
scan. Has anyone else ever seen this?