Should we skip HTML?

Subject: Should we skip HTML?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- NBG -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:05:01 +0100

Hello Andrew,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von aplato -at- easystreet -dot- com an All am 10.03.98

aa> Nearly everybody has a web browser on their computer. That is a
aa> fact.
aa>
aa> Few people have Acrobat readers or the browser plug-ins.

these are valid points. But there are others:

- HTML documents often consist of many files.
- HTML documents are open to everyone who cares.
- HTML documents can be changed easily.
- HTML documents look more or less as the author has intended.

- Acrobat documents look (nearly) exactly as the author intended.
- Acrobat documents can be protected against changes.
- Acrobat documents consist of a single (or a few) files.

Every technology has its merits.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance technical writer (electronics, software)