term "Wizard" in headings

Subject: term "Wizard" in headings
From: Holly Turner <hturner -at- ISS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:19:48 -0500

Hello all. I have read that Microsoft has copyrighted the word "Wizard." However, a person can use "wizard" in lowercase without infringing upon the copyright law.

What if my developers want to call a piece of software a "wizard," and the title of the dialog box is in title caps? Similarly, what if I need to use the name of the dialog box in a heading where I use title caps? In both cases, we would capitalize the term "wizard." How does this work?

Thanks,

-Holly
Holly Turner
Technical Writer

Internet Security Systems, Inc.
(770) 395-0150 / Fax (770) 395-1972
www.iss.net

Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise

<<application/ms-tnef>>