Re: DISCUSS: Tabloid _H_eading _C_apitalisation

Subject: Re: DISCUSS: Tabloid _H_eading _C_apitalisation
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:10:32 -0600

Are you using the [Shift+F3] thing?

Pressing [Shift+F3] in Word changes the capitalization of the word under
the cursor or the selected text.

To change the heading, you would select all but the first word of the
header, and press [Shift+F3] twice.

Still an annoying task, but a little quicker than retyping the first
letter of each word.

I changed from the Capitalize Each Word style of headers to
sentence-style headers during a usability test, and the sentence style
headers were much better received. I didn't just change the
capitalization, though. I expanded the headers, changing from a noun
orientation to a verb orientation. For example:

Old: Project Configuration

New: Configuring the project

---
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com