Table Heading Problem

Subject: Table Heading Problem
From: Susan Carol Vineyard <susan -dot- vineyard -at- EUDORAMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:48:26 -0700

I am working on a document with several pages of text under each heading. I would
like to be able to generate a TOC from the headings, but the style requires that
each heading that continues over to another page repeat that heading and add "continued."
To partly solve this problem, I can put the text (which is mostly lists) into tables
and let the headings be the table headings and repeat automatically; however, I can't
think of a way to add "continued" to all but the first table heading. Is this getting
confusing?

Another problem: is there anyway to have sub-headings repeat? (When a number two
level heading continues to a next page, I have to repeat it with "coninued" also)
Should I just forget tables and a generated TOC and use page breaks and just build
my TOC myself? Can anyone think of a better way to do this? I'm using Word 6 today,
but may have something a little more up-to-date by the end of the week so suggestions
in any version are welcome.

--Susan Vineyard
susan -dot- vineyard -at- eudora -dot- com