FW: Courses in writing basics for "non-writing" professionals???

Subject: FW: Courses in writing basics for "non-writing" professionals???
From: "McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:57:08 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)
Sent: Friday, March 20, 1998 8:55 AM
To: Candace Bamber
Subject: RE: Courses in writing basics for "non-writing"
professionals???

Candace,
I have been teaching that type of course several times here in
Columbus OH as an adjunct for the Columbus State Community College's
"Business and Industry Division." It's a once/quarter one-day seminar
(I highly recommended that it be at least 2 days) and the audience has
been various people from govt agencies and companies, some engineers,
some human resources, some secretaries! An interesting mix and a
working group! Many of them wanted some real basic grammar refreshers!
Among other things, since I've got a university Freshman comp teaching
background, I would condense my 10-wk course in teaching various essay
forms, letters, audience analysis, etc, into one day! (whew!) Check
out your community college, and see if they do something like this, or
if they don't, let them know that it IS done elsewhere, and it is
practical and wanted!
HTH,
Nancy McDonald,
Tech writer, sometime teacher...