Re: CBT vs. Training - my thoughts

Subject: Re: CBT vs. Training - my thoughts
From: Scott Gray <scotty -at- CM -dot- MATH -dot- UIUC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:45:58 -0600

Every example I have ever seen (maybe I'm unlucky) of this kind of
training has a teacher in front of a class with an LCD panel asking
the students to "follow along" and do the tasks that they do. In every
case the teacher loses about 1/3 by going to fast, 1/3 by going to slow.
Sometimes there isn't even 1/3 that are with the teacher at all.

I guarantee I can write an interactive tutorial for Word or Framemaker
that engages students at their own rate. With the presence of an
instructor to coach, motivate and answer questions, this method of using
CBT and coaching will always win over the "follow the bouncing ball"
approach to teaching.

Scott

Scott Mills Gray
scotty -at- cm -dot- math -dot- uiuc -dot- edu
http://www.useractive.com

"I hear and I forget, I see and I forget, I do and I forget" -- confused.