What's new on the TECHWR-L Web site

Subject: What's new on the TECHWR-L Web site
From: Deborah Ray <debray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:33:28 -0700

Hi, all,

Thanks for an awesome first week! I appreciate all
the feedback and comments I received and am working
on incorporating several of your ideas.

(One of the most interesting--and telling--comments came
from our ISP. "Hmmm. Your site sure seems pretty popular
this week." Apparently they noticed the traffic spike.)

WHAT'S NEW ON THE SITE
* Several new topic summaries:

Citing Web Sources--summary provided by Susan Kocher
Close vs. Exit--summary provided by Michael Clark
Programmers and Usability--collection of TECHWR-L postings
provided by Marlene Miller
Dr. Seuss on Computers--suggestion and URL provided by
Jay Mead

(Thanks to all who submitted these! Check them out at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/topics.htm)

* A Book Resources page, which lists titles of books
in the following categories and lets you order
books online through Amazon.com:

General Technical Communication
Online Technical Communication
Usability, User Interface, and Human Factors
Project Management
Style Guides
Visual Communication
Generally Interesting or Worthwhile Titles

You'll find this new page at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm.
Feel free to email me with suggestions for other
titles or categories.

WHAT'S COMING UP ON THE SITE
Next week, I'm hoping to add more Topic summaries, so
please email me with any summaries or suggestions that
you have.

Also, I'd like to add more information to the resources
page (http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/resources.htm) and
would appreciate your sending me URLs for tech. writing
resources, archives, or Web sites you maintain.

OTHER
I'm thrilled with the number of postings and
traffic to the Chat page. You might check out the Chat
page as a resource for discussing the Anaheim STC
conference.

Also, I'm very pleased with the number of contractors
who added their names and information to the Contractors
database. (I know there are more of you out there! Please
visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/contractors.htm to
add your information.)

Thanks again for peeking at the site and for providing
feedback. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Deborah

* Deborah S. Ray, debray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* co-author _Mastering HTML 4.0_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick
Reference_, _The AltaVista Search Revolution_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.