Publications in Resume

Subject: Publications in Resume
From: Kathryn J Acciari <acciari -at- ACSU -dot- BUFFALO -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:04:51 -0500

Hi all,

I am updating my resume, and need to update my list of publications as
well. I am trying to decide just what to include in this list and would
appreciate your feedback. Right now, the list contains magazine and
journal articles, but I would like to include abstracts from exhibits that
I have done (the abstract were published in journals), and am thinking
about including the titles of user manuals to which I was a contributing
writer, along with the titles of on-line Help systems I have developed.

My main problem is that I need to refresh my memory
on the standard format for listing publications. (For example, would
manual titles be underlined? Should I list everything in chronological
order, or by type of publication? Should I include presentations, even if
a paper version was not published?) I have a lot to add to my current
list and want to present it in a consistent, clear format.

Does anyone know of a good resource where I might find this information,
or have a sample that you would be willing to share? My resume
resources have nothing but short paragraphs on the inclusion of
publications in the resume.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kathryn J Acciari
Technical Writer/Communicator
Buffalo, New York
acciari -at- acsu -dot- buffalo -dot- edu