Re: resume formats for e-mail

Subject: Re: resume formats for e-mail
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:09:13 -0800

Lani Hardage said:
> I just sent out a resume in html format. It's cross-browser compatible
> and has the nice touches of color and formatting you can't always send
> through email attachments. I've had no end of problems sending attached
> resumes through email. We'll see how this flies...

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I strongly
believe that Attachments Are Evil. I have an ASCII resume that I send
in e-mail because it's the only way I can be sure that everyone can
read it. Unless someone reads their e-mail in a web browser, HTML is
likely to come through as, well, HTML rather than nicely formatted
text. It requires someone to go to extra effort to read it, and that
doesn't seem to me a good thing when you're looking for a job.

Btw, I looked at my ASCII resume in a couple of different mailers to
make sure that I had a version where the formatting was solid.

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com