Re: samples again

Subject: Re: samples again
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:43:21 -0800

I've done a bit of hiring in my days and you are right on target. In
fact, I use your exact same method when I sell myself on a job. I also
like to include marketing literature for products from competing
companies and redline those to death (especially picking on look and
feel), demonstrating to my potential clients that they will not have to
worry about such common problems when my eagle eye is assigned to the
task.

With respect to interviewing others, I have never seen anyone as
prepared as we are (I wish they were). However, I know what to ask, so
it is easy to ferret out those who really don't know the overall
processes of our profession.

The solution you describe enables a potential buyer of your services to
examine if you really understand the nitty gritty details of technical
manual development.

A+ to you for this answer!

Roger Mallett
Control Systems