Re: Knowledge Base information

Subject: Re: Knowledge Base information
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- MAIL -dot- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:38:13 -0800

<<DESCRIPTION OF OUR KNOWLEDGE BASE:
> Our knowledge base (kb) is a collection of documents>>

In a previous job, 3 or 4 years ago, we provided users with a similar
database of documents, not for user support, but for a different
purpose. Users did full-text searches of hundreds of
megs of documents to find information they needed. We used a product
called TOPIC, published by Verity, and I was the DBA. The documents
were stored as text or Word documents and could be accessed by TOPIC in
those formats.

Janet
----
Janet Valade