Re: Re. Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed

Subject: Re: Re. Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed
From: Dan <dmg -at- SOFTEXPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:15:30 +0100

Yeah - Wexler's summary preeview is on www.wextech.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Jeaurond
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 1998 11:21 PM
To: TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
Subject: Re. Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed

tgr:

(0) There's a neat summary in Wexler's new "Official Microsoft HTML Help=20
Authoring Kit" (MS-Press, 1997)

(1) You may want to check out "WiredStyle"--A Guide to English Usage in the=
=20
Digital Age, published by Wired.

(2) Clement Mok put out "Designing Business" a few years/months ago. It can=
be=20
found in most clearinghouses for pass=E9 computer books.

(3) "online delivery systems" is pretty vague. Still Al Cooper's "About Fac=
e"=20
talks about interface shortcomings.

(4) For hypertext, there's a book that I haven't read (egads) but it is by =
an=20
author I enjoy: it's J. David Bolter's "Hypertext & the Invention of Writin=
g"=20
(sic?) Too expensive for my taste.