Job: Technical Writer, permanent, Vancouver, BC

Subject: Job: Technical Writer, permanent, Vancouver, BC
From: Darla Kennington <kenningt -at- T-III -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:10:35 -0700

Hi all,

My company (GTE Enterprise Solutions, which develops software for the
real estate and mortgage banking industries) is looking for a technical
writer to complete our Documentation team. Predominately, the position
would involve writing for our new mortgage software using RoboHTML, but
some maintenance to our existing docs and our intranet site would also
be required. If you are interested, please e-mail your resume and
writing samples to me, Darla Kennington, at kenningt -at- t-iii -dot- com -dot-

Thanks for your interest in advance,
Darla

Technical Writer: GTE Enterprise Solutions

Responsibilities:

This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining online
and hardcopy user documentation for the various GTE Enterprise Solutions
products. This person will prepare the various customized documents for
the particular product and must be proficient at designing, writing, and
editing documentation. The successful applicant must excel at
structuring and chunking information, writing to style guidelines, and
interviewing subject matter experts. You will be responsible for
participating in developing documentation standards and processes and
staying abreast of changes in the technical writing industry.

Qualifications for this position are:

* 2+ years experience in creating Help systems and user manuals
for software products
* Knowledge of Help authoring tools such as Doc-to-Help and
RoboHelp
* Familiarity with upcoming transition to HTML-based Help an asset
* Experience with HTML and web site development
* University degree or equivalent experience

Darla Kennington, Technical Writer
GTE Enterprise Solutions
8999 Nelson Way, Burnaby BC, V5A 1B6
tel:(604) 293-5744 e-mail:kenningt -at- t-iii -dot- com