Re: A puzzlement: is this a virus?

Subject: Re: A puzzlement: is this a virus?
From: "Burns, Nancy" <nburns -at- BREAULT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 14:44:43 -0700

I looked up the WM.CAP.A virus in the Norton AntiVirus program, and have
copied the following description directly from it:

Virus Name: WM.Cap.A
Aliases: WM.Cap Family
Infects: N/A
Likelihood: Common
Length: 1000 bytes

Characteristics

Memory Resident No Triggered Event No
Size Stealth No Encrypting No
Full Stealth No Polymorphic No

Comments
This macro virus removes Macro & Customize item from Tools menu. It
deletes all existing macros before infection. Saving into RTF file
actually creates an infected Word Document w/ RTF extension

Nancy Burns
nburns -at- breault -dot- com