Describing menu navigation

Subject: Describing menu navigation
From: "Blankenship, Larry" <BLANKLAR -at- GATEWAY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:47:29 -0500

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD646E.3CDD5400

This is pretty fundamental, but I wanted to see if there really was a
standard for describing menu navigation in Windows.

What I'm referring to is how to describe the navigation of multiple
levels of menus. For example, to get to the ATTN: autotext in Word 97,
you would select Tools => Autotext => Attention Line => ATTN:

Is this the best way to show this? What have other people done?

Larry Blankenship
Systems Analyst
Program Management Office

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my
employer.

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD646E.3CDD5400

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1458.49">

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>This is pretty fundamental, but I wanted to see if =
there really was a standard for describing menu navigation in =
Windows.</FONT></P>
<BR>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>What I'm referring to is how to describe the =
navigation of multiple levels of menus.&nbsp; For example, to get to =
the ATTN: autotext in Word 97, you would select Tools =3D&gt; Autotext =
=3D&gt; Attention Line =3D&gt; ATTN:</FONT></P>
<BR>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is this the best way to show this?&nbsp; What have =
other people done?</FONT>
<BR>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2>Larry Blankenship</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2>Systems Analyst</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2>Program Management Office</FONT></B>
<BR>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2>My opinions are my own and do not necessarily =
reflect the views of my employer.</FONT></B>
<BR>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>