Re: The future

Subject: Re: The future
From: Ian Ferguson <IanFe -at- ATTACHMATE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:00:12 -0700

Hi,

I have a comment that is somewhat related to your question. When I
visit http://www.gabocorp.com, I feel like I'm looking at the future.
Turn your computer's speakers up and look around. The site is designed
by a 19 year old kid...

Also, I think that by the year 2010, the interface problem will have
been solved, and monitors will either be very different, or obsolete.
I think the unpleasantness of monitors is keeping many folks from
abandoning print, and that will go away. So I think user manuals will
be delivered on the internet by third party publishers. Software will
ship with wizards that do all the basic tasks, but there will still be
a market for e-books (and then later, v-books) for folks who want to
learn how to use the software without the wizards.