Re: The future

Subject: Re: The future
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:15:07 -0500

I hope not.

It's a very pretty site, but it's a victory of flash over communication.

I missed something. I hit the back button, which took me all the way out
of the presentation. Then I had to sit through the song and dance. I
forgot what it was I was looking for before I got back to it.

Very cool graphic and sound presentation, but interactivity means more
than big flashy cartoons on mouseover events. I didn't feel in control
enough, because I had to wait for video effects that I had already seen
before.

For a site advertising a movie or for a trade-show booth demo, or some
other situation where impressing the viewer is more important than
repeat viewing or finding information, it would be great. But it's
firmly rooted in the past, in the video tradition.

And I hit a script error that kept me out of the samples.

---
Office:mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:nax -at- execpc -dot- com