Re: secretary's day

Subject: Re: secretary's day
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:25:04 -0500

> I understand all the polite pieces of advice shown here in the last few
> minutes. And we support you, friend. But, let me say that this
> uncomfortable situation rarely happens to the male technical writers. I
> know I often get tired of setting the record straight, even gently!

True, this particular situation rarely happens to male Technical Writers;
however, different assumptions are made. I was one of only a few males in
my department. Therefore, because I was the biggest male (and because
weightlifting is one of my hobbies), every time the water cooler needed a
new jug, boxes and equipment needed to moving, offices were rearranged,
materials needed carting to/from vehicles, it was, "Go get Mike". I don't
think there is a longshoreman's day; but if there had been, I would probably
have received a card.

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Principal Technical Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://www.ingr.com/iss/products/mapping/

"Humpty was pushed!"