Re: STC Conference Panelist needed

Subject: Re: STC Conference Panelist needed
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- OMNIMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:52:25 -0400

Hope Cascio wrote

>The difference seems simple to me. Information is a 300 page manual with
>the answer in it somewhere, but you don't know where because there's no TOC
>and no index. Knowledge is a 300 topic online Help system with a TOC,
>indexing, related topics buttons, and hyperlinks.

How about this:

Information is a 300 page manual with the answer in it somewhere. Knowledge
is a single dynamically generated web page with the exact information you
need, adapted for your skill level, the exact task you have to perform, and
the exact circumstances in which you have to perform it.

---
Mark Baker
Manager, Corporate Communications
OmniMark Technologies Corporation