Re: New slant: professionalism

Subject: Re: New slant: professionalism
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:11:06 -0700

Damien,

You are dead-on. Mil specs are simply examples, and typically
inconsistent examples. I have seen that sideways bus many time. For
those who haven't had the opportunity to work with mil specs, let it be
known that inconsistency doesn't render a spec ineffective. Mil specs
are loosely bounded areas which are further restricted by agreements
between the parties involved.

Your sample chapter approach is a very good way for the provider and
customer to come to a meeting of the minds on what the spec(s) mean
(i.e., to approve an interpretation).