Re: This page blank...

Subject: Re: This page blank...
From: Wendy Putman <wputman -at- CASTLETON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:29:16 -0700

About 10 years ago, the tech writers in my workplace had the debate
about whether or not to put the statement on our pages, as our customer
support line got a significant number of calls from customers who
claimed they got a defective manual because some of the pages were
blank. At the time, I believe we opted for putting headers and footers
on the page so end users wouldn't think this was a printing error. I
would hope that the literacy level of users has risen since then, but
the computer humor that goes around the net (people who call the support
line because their computers won't work -- because they neglected to
turn it on, etc.) would indicate otherwise. If your end users are
"regular folk", sometimes known as the ""general public" or great
unwashed", I'd caution you to weigh your options carefully.

Wendy Putman, Technical Writer
Castleton Network Systems, Burnaby, BC
Tel: (604) 293-0039 / Internal: 722-5432