Re: FrameMaker to Word

Subject: Re: FrameMaker to Word
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:55:29 GMT

They'll actually convert fairly well if you save your Frame file as an
RTF, then open the RTF in Word. (I'm using Word 7 and Frame 5.5.2.)

Most of my tables came over fine, unless they had graphics in them.

Barb

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:57:58 -0400, you wrote:

>I don't believe that Frame docs will convert to Word. At best, you can
>copy the text and paste it into a Word document. There will be issues,
>such as tables. I happen to like Frame's treatment of tables a lot, but
>it is different from how they are handled in Word. Another is the way
>Word (especially Word 8 for Office 97) deals with bullets and numbered
>paragraphs. Watch out for these (the current version of Word likes to
>number all paragraphs consecutively regardless of what you want).

Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
Technical Writing. caslonsvcs -at- ibm -dot- net
Cleveland, OH