Authoring/Publishing Tools

Subject: Authoring/Publishing Tools
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:25:30 -0400

Okay, gang, here's another question from someone starting up a Tech Pubs
effort at a new company.

I am choosing authoring/publishing tools, etc. and have settled on
Framemaker as I have used it in the past and know that it far
outperforms Word, Pagemaker, etc. for technical manuals and the like.
(Interleaf may have some advantages, but due to cost, instability,
learning curve, etc., I won't even consider it!)

However, I have only used Framemaker in Windows 3.1 and Win95
environments. We run Windows NT here. Anyone got any comments on
problems, etc. regarding Framemaker in an NT environment?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.