Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor, MI

Subject: Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor, MI
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:49:52 -0700

---Roger Smith <roger -dot- smith3 -at- VIRGIN -dot- NET> wrote:

> This is another example where companies ask for entry level writers so
> that they can keep the pay down low, yet demand requirements that can
> only be fulfilled by experienced writers!!!

I don't see where an experienced writer comes into play with this
position. They blatantly state that they are looking for someone with
classroom or internship experience, as well as experience using a set
of tools. Their qualifications needs match what I had when I got my
degree. I wouldn't ask anything less out of an entry-level applicant,
and I would surely hope for a hell of a lot more out of an experienced
applicant.

===

Bill Swallow
bill_swallow -at- rocketmail -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Park/8254

Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
-- Robert Heinlein