Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor, MI

Subject: Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor, MI
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- MAIL -dot- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:43:23 -0700

Roger said:
<<This is another example where companies ask for entry level
writers so
> that they can keep the pay down low, yet demand requirements that can
> only be fulfilled by experienced writers!!!>>

I weigh in on the side of those who disagree with Roger. I consider
this to be an entry-level position. It clearly says:

> - Experience writing technical documentation (internship or classroom)

That you needn't have worked anywhere; school training is sufficient. How
much more entry-level could it be? I think it is reasonable to expect an
entry level person to have education and have some job-related skills. Isn't
that why one gets the education?

Janet

--
Janet Valade | For every complex