doc on CD-ROM

Subject: doc on CD-ROM
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- MAIL -dot- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 13:01:49 -0700

We are looking to distribute our stuff on CD-ROM. We have a CD-ROM recorder
that is about a year old, with software that is already no-longer-supported.
I would put the docs on in PDF and possibly HTML. We also distribute
Windows executables and UNIX executables. This includes drivers for various
flavors of UNIX.

Does anyone know if we can write all these different types of files onto the
same CD? If so, how would I do that? I know it has to do with the
software. One vendor HyCD states that you can put PC, UNIX, and Mac files
together on one CD, but I can't seem to understand how to do this, and
neither could he. If you have the HyCD software on Windows, do you FTP your
UNIX executables down to your Windows box? Is it still a UNIX file? If you
then copy it, as is, onto the CD, will UNIX boxes be able to read the file
from the CD? All flavors of UNIX? SCO, Solaris, UnixWare?

Does anyone here know how this works?

Janet