Re: Where are the experts on job estimating?

Subject: Re: Where are the experts on job estimating?
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:07:33 -0400

I would still be tempted to estimate 4 hours per page, but it would
depend on the document and its author. If it requires heavy editing to
make it "readable", then probably definitely 4 hours. If the SME has
done a pretty decent job communicating the topic and all I have to do is
clean up the grammar a little, then it could surely be done in less
time. And yes, as some other posts have indicated, there are lots of
programmer/engineers out there who really can write quite well and are
worth their weight in gold to Tech Pubs people!

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
Norcross GA (USA)